Since early 2010 this website is no longer being supported. It remains online purely as an archived resource.

Other benefits connected with work

Back to Work Bonus

A Back to Work Bonus may be available if you have been receiving Jobseeker's Allowance for at least three months, and you then get a part-time job. This means that you might get a cash sum to boost your earnings. Your Employment Service adviser should be able to tell you whether or not you qualify.

Working Tax Credit

Working Tax Credit is available to top up the earnings of working people on low incomes.

If you are 16 or over and responsible for a child or have a disability for which you are receiving a qualifying benefit, you can claim Working Tax Credit so long as you work at least 16 hours a week.

For advice or a claim form, phone the helpline on 0845 300 3900 (or in Northern Ireland 0845 603 2000).

Bridging Allowance

Bridging Allowances are no longer available.

This page was updated on 15 July, 2008


Why not try…

JSAJSA complicationsHousing benefitMaternity leavePaternity leaveSick pay

Yahoo! Student Zone

The Citizenship Foundation is not responsible for the content of external internet sites