Since early 2010 this website is no longer being supported. It remains online purely as an archived resource.

Other benefits

There are a number of other benefits and rights that you may be entitled to. If you are:

Pregnant or have a baby

You can find out about maternity benefits by contacting your employer (if you are employed) or the Benefits Agency (if you are unemployed).

Sick and cannot get to work

Contact your employer about sick pay.


Contact the Disability and Carers service through one of their Disability Service Centres or by phoning the Benefit Enquiry Line on 0800 882200.

Faced with exceptional expenses

You may be faced with exceptional expenses that you can't pay out of your regular income, in which case you may be able to get a grant or loan to tide you over in a crisis. Contact your local Social Security office.

This page was updated on 16 May, 2008


Why not try…

JSAJSA complicationsHousing benefitMaternity leavePaternity leaveSick pay

Yahoo! Student Zone

The Citizenship Foundation is not responsible for the content of external internet sites